Is this a tribute to Jordan-Peele’s artistic and financial Hollywood influence or a blatant rip-off?
Social media got fired up when the trailer for the movie, ‘Karen’ dropped. It’s a flick about a racist White woman who makes life hell for her new Black neighbors.
It looks more like an SNL skit starring Rachel Dratch than a movie I’d brave a theater to see.
Some naysayers on Twitter point to what they call a “White people are scary” formula. There was lots of acclaim and big profits for Peele’s “Get Out.” It was a psychological thriller about a man whose White girlfriend was a sci-fi, kidnapping Karen from a serial killing family.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
“Get Out” was the type of movie, like “Sixth Sense” that made you want to watch it over and over again. With every view you spotted a nuance that you’d missed the time before. “Karen” is a couchy weekend after you’ve already watched all the good stuff on Netflix and HBO Max.
- WWE Cancels Ric Flair Following Sexual Assault Allegations Against Him
- ‘Tiger King 2’ is coming to Netflix
- Panthers Improve To 3-0, But At A Punishing Cost
- Beyoncé Pens Heartfelt Letter Thanking Fans For 40th Birthday Wishes: ‘I Cried Tears Of Joy’
- Linda Evangelista Comes Out of Hiding
- Nike announces new partnership with Megan Thee Stallion
- Clip of The Day: The Mattman Hug
- Apple Announces COVID-19 Vaccination Cards Are Coming To Apple Wallet App
- Kelly Clarkson’s Second Christmas Album to be Released Next Month
- Britney Spears Raves About Her ‘Handsome’ Sons in Birthday Tribute