The FDA has officially granted full approval to Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine.
The move was announced Monday morning after a three-month review of the company’s application. The vaccine will now be marketed as ‘Comirnaty’, and is approved for all people 16 and older.
It will remain under emergency authorization for children ages 12-15. So what does full approval mean? Possibly more vaccine mandates from employers and universities, who were waiting for full approval to require vaccinations.
It could also mean more people getting the shot – a recent poll found that 30 percent of unvaccinated people would be more willing to take a vaccine that had full FDA approval.
Why did it the approval process take so long? Do you think it will have a big impact on vaccination rates?
Celebs Doing Great Things During The Coronavirus Pandemic
1. Joe Jonas & Sophie Turner
1 of 9
2. Mila Kunis & Ashton Kutcher2 of 9
3. Ellen DeGeneres & Portia de RossiSource:Getty 3 of 9
4. Sandra BullockSource:Getty 4 of 9
5. Amal & George ClooneySource:Getty 5 of 9
6. Cardi BSource:ATLPics.Net 6 of 9
7 of 9
8. Chris HemsworthSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. Justin Verlander & Kate Upton
9 of 9