The Carolina Panthers trade for Sam Darnold in return for a 2021 sixth-round pick and second fourth-round pick in 2022, ESPN reports.
The Panthers had been looking to upgrade from quarterback Teddy Bridgewater since the end of last season. Carolina had offered Bridgewater to the Detroit Lions for Matthew Stafford, however that deal did not fall through. Also, the Panthers had their eyes on Deshaun Watson, league sources say, before the Houston Texans quarterback was accused of sexual assault and inappropriate behavior in multiple different lawsuits.
In three seasons with the Jets, Darnold went 13-25 as a starter, with 45 touchdown passes and 39 interceptions. He completed 59.8% of his passes and never finished above 26th in passer rating.
He finished as the NFL’s lowest-rated passer in 2020 (72.7), 36th out of 36 qualifying quarterbacks. His career passer rating is 78.6, which ranks 39th out of 39 since 2018.
What are your thoughts on this trade?
9 Super Bowl Commercials That Made Up For The Panthers’ Disappointing Loss
1.Source: 1 of 9
2. Pepsi: Joy Of PepsiSource: 2 of 9
3. Doritos: UltrasoundSource: 3 of 9
4. Budweiser: Simply PutSource: 4 of 9
5. Campbell’s: This One’s For MomSource: 5 of 9
6. Colgate: Every Drop CountsSource: 6 of 9
7. NFL: Super Bowl BabiesSource: 7 of 9
8. T-Mobile: Restricted BlingSource: 8 of 9
9. Pantene: Strong Is BeautifulSource: 9 of 9
- Enter For Your Chance to Win More Cash With MIX107.9
- ‘Dreams’ Skateboard Guy Launches New Beverage
- Sporty Spice Speaks Up On Spice Girls Tour
- Celebrate Juneteenth in the QC
- Robert Redford’s Ranch Is for Sale
- Taylor Swift’s New Version of ‘Red’ is dropping in November
- Taylor Swift will not be stopped! New Music dropping this fall
- Who has the best ice cream in every state
- Summer Drive-In Movies Are Back!
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are taking their relationship ‘very serious’ now
- Victoria’s Secret Angels Are No More As The Brand Attempts To Overhaul Its Image
Carolina Panthers trade for New York Jets QB Sam Darnold was originally published on wfnz.com