The former “Bachelor” star Colton Underwood came out as gay in a sit-down interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” on Wednesday.
“I’ve ran from myself for a long time. I’ve hated myself for a long time,” Underwood told Roberts in a pre-taped conversation. “And I’m gay. And I came to terms with that earlier this year and have been processing it. And the next step in all of this was sort of letting people know.”
Underwood said he finally got to a place where he could be honest with himself after 2020, the year that turned everyone’s lives upside down, and made people “look at themselves in the mirror and figure out who they are and what they’ve been running from or what they’ve been putting off in their lives.”
Roberts mentions she could “see the joy” and “see the relief” in Underwood, he said he was “emotional in, like such a good, happy, positive way,” and is “the happiest and healthiest” he’s ever been.
Underwood said he went through a “dark and bad” time before feeling like he could reveal this about himself and his “wake up call” was feeling like he “would’ve rather died” than say he’s gay.
“There was a moment in L.A. that I woke up and I didn’t think I was gonna wake up. I didn’t have the intentions of waking up. And I did,” he recalled, noting this moment — and other “suicidal thoughts” — led him to “take back control” of his life.
Read the full interview at goodmorningamerica.com
- Dolly Parton Empathizes With Britney Spears
- Deadly Distractions While Driving
- Blake Shelton tells friends to get over it.
- President Biden announces measures to incentivize COVID-19 vaccinations, including a requirement for federal employees
- Bruno Mars & Anderson .Paak’s Silk Sonic Release Single ‘Skate’ [WATCH]
- Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney Over ‘Black Widow’ Streaming Release
- Britney Spears Trivia
- Annie Murphy Lands a New Role Post Schitt’s Creek
- Canadian Billy Joel Fans Can’t Get Their Tickets Refunded
- Luke Bryan gets extremely personal and shares painful stories about his life in new docuseries