The former “Bachelor” star Colton Underwood came out as gay in a sit-down interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” on Wednesday.
“I’ve ran from myself for a long time. I’ve hated myself for a long time,” Underwood told Roberts in a pre-taped conversation. “And I’m gay. And I came to terms with that earlier this year and have been processing it. And the next step in all of this was sort of letting people know.”
Underwood said he finally got to a place where he could be honest with himself after 2020, the year that turned everyone’s lives upside down, and made people “look at themselves in the mirror and figure out who they are and what they’ve been running from or what they’ve been putting off in their lives.”
Roberts mentions she could “see the joy” and “see the relief” in Underwood, he said he was “emotional in, like such a good, happy, positive way,” and is “the happiest and healthiest” he’s ever been.
Underwood said he went through a “dark and bad” time before feeling like he could reveal this about himself and his “wake up call” was feeling like he “would’ve rather died” than say he’s gay.
“There was a moment in L.A. that I woke up and I didn’t think I was gonna wake up. I didn’t have the intentions of waking up. And I did,” he recalled, noting this moment — and other “suicidal thoughts” — led him to “take back control” of his life.
Read the full interview at goodmorningamerica.com
- Rihanna’s Latest Date Night Look
- Anne Heche Has Died
- Panthers open preseason at Washington
- Actor Steve Martin hints retirement
- Anne Heche Not Expected To Survive
- The New Poses, For Pics, You Need To Adopt
- OnlyFans Model Courtney Clenney Charged With Murder Charge For Fatal Stabbing Of Boyfriend
- CDC Ends Quarantine, Social Distancing Recommendations For COVID-19
- Beyonce’s All Over the Billboard Top 100 Charts
- Legendary: NBA Honors Bill Russell By Retiring No. 6 Across The Entire League