The former “Bachelor” star Colton Underwood came out as gay in a sit-down interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” on Wednesday.
“I’ve ran from myself for a long time. I’ve hated myself for a long time,” Underwood told Roberts in a pre-taped conversation. “And I’m gay. And I came to terms with that earlier this year and have been processing it. And the next step in all of this was sort of letting people know.”
Underwood said he finally got to a place where he could be honest with himself after 2020, the year that turned everyone’s lives upside down, and made people “look at themselves in the mirror and figure out who they are and what they’ve been running from or what they’ve been putting off in their lives.”
Roberts mentions she could “see the joy” and “see the relief” in Underwood, he said he was “emotional in, like such a good, happy, positive way,” and is “the happiest and healthiest” he’s ever been.
Underwood said he went through a “dark and bad” time before feeling like he could reveal this about himself and his “wake up call” was feeling like he “would’ve rather died” than say he’s gay.
“There was a moment in L.A. that I woke up and I didn’t think I was gonna wake up. I didn’t have the intentions of waking up. And I did,” he recalled, noting this moment — and other “suicidal thoughts” — led him to “take back control” of his life.
Read the full interview at goodmorningamerica.com
- MIX 107.9 ONLINE BOX OFFICE: Register To Win Tickets
- Shawn Mendes Has A New Love
- Darius Rucker Honored With Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Liz’s Going Out Guide: Tis The Season For Sipping Spiked Bevvys
- No, you can’t cut off your headlights to get a better view of the McAdenville lights
- Taylor Swift Jets Off To Beyonce’s London Film Premiere
- Jennifer Lopez Thinks About Retirement
- Kelly Clarkson’s Ex Husband Brandon Blackstock Ordered To Return $2M
- Mayor of Gastonia passed away
- Furry Friday Friend Of The Week
- Mix Jurassic World Live Text to Win
6 Signs of a Swinger House
Mix “Feel-Good” Thanksgiving Weekend
These Annoying Songs Are Sure To Get Stuck In Your Head
What Time Should Thanksgiving Start? Plus 10 More Turkey Day Questions
MIX 107.9 ONLINE BOX OFFICE: Register To Win Tickets
Jelly Roll's Wife Addresses Rumor About Her & Lainey Wilson
Law Enforcement Agencies Warning About New iPhone Update
Afternoon Drive with Madison