The former “Bachelor” star Colton Underwood came out as gay in a sit-down interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” on Wednesday.
“I’ve ran from myself for a long time. I’ve hated myself for a long time,” Underwood told Roberts in a pre-taped conversation. “And I’m gay. And I came to terms with that earlier this year and have been processing it. And the next step in all of this was sort of letting people know.”
Underwood said he finally got to a place where he could be honest with himself after 2020, the year that turned everyone’s lives upside down, and made people “look at themselves in the mirror and figure out who they are and what they’ve been running from or what they’ve been putting off in their lives.”
Roberts mentions she could “see the joy” and “see the relief” in Underwood, he said he was “emotional in, like such a good, happy, positive way,” and is “the happiest and healthiest” he’s ever been.
Underwood said he went through a “dark and bad” time before feeling like he could reveal this about himself and his “wake up call” was feeling like he “would’ve rather died” than say he’s gay.
“There was a moment in L.A. that I woke up and I didn’t think I was gonna wake up. I didn’t have the intentions of waking up. And I did,” he recalled, noting this moment — and other “suicidal thoughts” — led him to “take back control” of his life.
Read the full interview at goodmorningamerica.com
RELATED: Fans think Bachelor exes Matt James and Rachael Kirkconnell are back together as they reunite in NYC
RELATED: ‘Bachelorette’ Couple Clare Crawley and Dale Moss Breaks Off Engagement After Only Five Months!
- Grammy-Winner Kelly Clarkson Is Heading To The Las Vegas Strip
- Adam Levine Shouts Out Wife While Performing In Vegas
- HERStory – Erin Santos
- Shooter Dead, Several Injured in Nashville School Shooting
- Matt & Ramona Off Air Podcast: Swearing Off But Liking Minivans And Other Things You Swore You’d Never Do
- Which Fast Food Place Has The Best Ice?
- Your Corgi Correspondent (Corgi-spondent) Liz Checks In…
- Fans Got Candid About How Much They Really Paid For Taylor Swift Tickets
- Is Nicki Minaj Collaborating With Taylor Swift?
- Adele’s ‘Weekends With Adele’ Movie Brings Her Vegas Show To Film
6 Signs of a Swinger House
"Bar Rescue" Comes To Charlotte In An Episode Airing On March 19th
Impact of Influence: The Murdaugh Family Murders, Hampton Native Shares His Perspective
Gastonia Farmer On Fox's Dating Show Joins Matt & Ramona
Reba McEntire And Kelly Clarkson Tensions Reportedly 'Boiling' On 'The Voice' Set
Who Are Charlotte's Top Dog Influencers?
Will Fans Follow Cam Newton to a New Team?
Raekwon Sat With ODB’s Body With Son After Dirty’s Death [EXCLUSIVE]