It’s all over the news. Hurricane Ian is headed to the Carolinas.
Hurricane Ian’s winds are around 85 mph as it moves toward the South Carolina coast, bringing heavy rain and storm surge to the Charlotte area.
While you may already be aware of the possibility of bad weather, are you prepared for it?
Text “MIX” to 71007 to join MIX 107.9 mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Here are some ways to prepare for Hurricane Ian:
- Have multiple ways to receive emergency info – ex. radio, phone, smartwatch
- Avoid unnecessary travel (roads can still be flooded after the storm passes)
- Secure all loose outdoor items
- Have an emergency plan and talk it out with your family
- Keep emergency supplies close in case the power goes out
- Frequently check your local news or community for updates
- Gather your favorite board games, books, or crafts to enjoy if the power goes out
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
6 Signs of a Swinger House
Mix “Feel-Good” Thanksgiving Weekend
These Annoying Songs Are Sure To Get Stuck In Your Head
What Time Should Thanksgiving Start? Plus 10 More Turkey Day Questions
MIX 107.9 ONLINE BOX OFFICE: Register To Win Tickets
Jelly Roll's Wife Addresses Rumor About Her & Lainey Wilson
Law Enforcement Agencies Warning About New iPhone Update
Afternoon Drive with Madison