Someone had a bunch of etiquette experts come up with a list of the ten rudest things you can do in someone else’s house. Here are five of the ten.
1. Moving things around. Like rearranging cupboards, or saying, “That chair should really go right over here.”
2. Overstaying your welcome. Whether you’re there for a party or staying for a full week, be mindful about that.
3. Hiding or ignoring a mess. If you spill wine on the rug, tell them about it. Don’t just pretend it didn’t happen.
4. Snooping. Don’t rifle through their medicine cabinet or go through any drawers. Drawers in bedside tables are especially off limits.
5. Bringing an uninvited plus-one. Again, whether it’s a party or a weekend visit, don’t assume they agree with “the more the merrier.” Always check first. That also applies to pets.
Read all ten here: