Match.com just put out its 12th annual “Singles in America” study on dating trends. It’s massive, but we went through and cherry-picked the best stuff we saw. Here are a few interesting stats on dating in 2022 . . .
1. Dating now costs an average of $130 a month. That includes $12 on dating app subscriptions . . . $39 on new clothes . . . $40 on your appearance and grooming habits . . . and $39 on actual in-person dating activities.
2. Casual first dates are the way to go. 84% prefer a casual date like coffee over something like a nice dinner.
3. Inflation and the economy are making cheapness seem kinda sexy. 23% say they’re more appreciative of frugal people than they used to be. And 30% are more open to doing FREE stuff on a date now.
4. 73% of single people are looking for a long-term relationship. Or they’re at least open to it. 10% said they only want to date casually, maybe FOREVER.
5. Long-distance isn’t a deal-breaker, especially for young people. 58% of young people would date someone who lives more than a three-hour drive away.