As of Wednesday morning (5/12), 71% of all Charlotte area gas station were completely out of fuel, according to GasBuddy.com. Find out which stations in the area still have gas below.
The Colonial Pipeline, which delivers nearly half of the fuel supply to the eastern U.S., was shut down after a ransomware attack by a group called DarkSide. The delay in bring the pipeline back online could impact millions of consumers over the coming weeks.
On Monday, North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper issued a state of emergency to ensure adequate fuel supplies were delivered across the state. Despite anti-gouging orders in effect, prices are rising as a result of the shutdown across the Carolinas with the average price for a gallon of gas in Charlotte at $2.90.
You can report price gouging to the North Carolina Attorney General’s Office by calling 1-877-5-NOSCAM or ONLINE.
“Since our pipeline system was taken offline, working with our shippers, Colonial has delivered approximately 967,000 barrels (~41 million gallons) to various delivery points along our system,” according to a statement by Colonial Pipeline. “This includes delivery into the following markets: Atlanta, Ga., Belton and Spartanburg, S.C., Charlotte and Greensboro, N.C., Baltimore, Md. and Woodbury and Linden N.J.”
Officials expect the Colonial Pipeline to back up before the weekend.
“Our primary focus remains the safe and efficient restoration of service to our pipeline system, while minimizing disruption to our customers and all those who rely on Colonial Pipeline. We will continue to provide updates as restoration efforts progress,” Colonial added.
- Pink Brings Daughter Willow Out On Stage
- Tom Holland Will Take A Year-Long Break From Acting
- Impact of Influence: Murdaugh Family Murders, Wicked Hampton County
- Are Jaycee Horn’s Injuries Starting To Become A Real Concern?
- Kelis and Bill Murray Are Dating
- Harry Styles Is Rumored To Be Performing At Super Bowl 2024 Halftime Show
- Bryce Young Emerges as QB1
- Panthers Jaycee Horn Out for Rest of OTAs and Mini Camp
- Matt & Ramona Off Air Podcast: Ramona’s Analog Life Makes Losing Her Keys A 2023 Problem
- It’s Almost Time For Taste Of Charlotte!
Colonial Pipeline shutdown: Where to find gas in Charlotte was originally published on wbt.com
6 Signs of a Swinger House
Morning Mix Singer Showcase | Vote Now!
Register to win Charlotte Knights Family 4-Pack Tickets!
Kelis and Bill Murray Are Dating
Morning Mix Singer Showcase at Taste of Charlotte Festival
18-Year-Old Teen Presumed Dead After Jumping From Bahamas Cruise Ship
Boozy News: A New Brewery Opens In South End And A Different Kind Of Brewery Changes It's Name
Kelly Clarkson Fans Are Losing It After She Confirms Huge Broadway News