A Maryland man learned the hard way that smoking and hand sanitizer don’t mix.
Fire officials say the man was using hand sanitizer while smoking a cigarette, which caused the sanitizer to ignite and set the entire car on fire.
He ended up being taken to a hospital with minor burns. Many types of hand sanitizer contain alcohol or other flammable substances and can be dangerous to use while smoking in a small, unventilated area such as a car.
The Fire Department is calling it ‘a bad combo in unventilated area’.
What are some other common household products that can be dangerous in the wrong circumstances?
- Shine a Light on Pink: Tell us their survival story!
- Due To Dental Records Remains Found At Carlton Reserve Confirmed As Brian Laundrie
- Adele shares she’s a big Celine Dion fan
- Woman Gives Birth To 14-Pound Baby After 19 Miscarriages
- LaMelo’s Loud Neon Fit Steals Show In Hornets Opening-Night Comeback
- Aaron Rodgers Slams Woke Culture
- Christina Aguilera Looks Unrecognizable (And Stunning) With Red Hair
- Cardi B Can’t Believe ‘You’ Star Penn Badgley Knows Her IRL
- Facebook Reportedly Planning “Rebrand” With Name Change
- Duran Duran Share ‘Anniversary’ Music Video Ahead Of Album Release
- Rebel Wilson Frustrated By People Being ‘Obsessed’ With Her Body