One of Warner Bros.’ most important directors has decided to call it quits with the studio over the move to have its 2021 movie slate on its streaming service HBO Max.
Christopher Nolan, best known for his ‘Batman’ films, has “ended his working relationship” with Warner, according to reports.
He is now searching for a new film studio that will give him the same royal treatment he had at his previous home that made him a household name before things went south.
“After spending years as a top Warner Bros. director, Christopher Nolan, who wrote and directed last year’s Tenet, is unlikely to return to the studio with his next project, in part because he was disappointed with the studio’s hybrid distribution strategy for 2021.
At the center of Nolan’s contention is the fact that Warner Bros. essentially made the decision without even consulting filmmakers who would be directly impacted by the hybrid release schedule that simultaneously streams their movies on HBO Max on the same day that they hit theaters.
Nolan felt that the “financial impacts will be felt by workers who are further down the totem pole” causing them to only rely on residuals as a source of income.
He also felt the HBO Max decision has ruined Warner’s movie division when it comes to its reputation.
Click here to read more.
Article Courtesy of Uproxx
First Picture Courtesy of Laurent KOFFEL and Getty Images
Second Picture Courtesy of WENN
Meet VP Kamala Harris Big Historic Blended Multi-Cultural Family!
1. Kamala Harris' mother Shyamala Gopalan Harris
1 of 16
2. Shyamala Gopalan Harris and Donald J. Harris had two children during their marriage, Kamala and Maya.
2 of 16
3. Maya Harris shares a photo with sister Kamala
3 of 16
4. VP Kamala Harris' sister Maya went on to marry Tony West.
4 of 16
5. Kamala's sister Maya Harris has one child, Meena Harris.
5 of 16
6. Meena shares a photo with her Auntie Kamala and mother Maya6 of 16
7. Kamala's niece Meena posts a selfie with hubby Nik (Nikolas Ajagu)
7 of 16
8. Meena Harris and Nikolas Ajagu share two daughters.
8 of 16
9. VP Kamala Harris great nieces Amara and Leela were Inauguration ready!
9 of 16
10. VP Kamala Harris grandparents
10 of 16
11. Attorney Douglas Emhoff is Kamala Harris Husband.Source:Getty 11 of 16
12. Doug Emhoff has two kids, Cole and Ella, from a previous marriage.
12 of 16
13. VP Kamala Harris even invited Doug's ex-wife Kerstin Emhoff to the Inauguration!
13 of 16
14. VP Kamala Harris with her husband Doug and step children Cole and Ella.
14 of 16
15. Meet Kamala Harris mother-in-law, Barbara Emhoff
15 of 16
16. Meet Kamala Harris father-in-law Michael Emhoff
16 of 16
Christopher Nolan Ready to Ditch Warner Bros. Following HBO Max Decision was originally published on wzakcleveland.com