Lin-Manuel Miranda has done it again!!! I liked “Hamilton” very much – the rap music, the comedy – it was all good. BUT, “In the Heights” was all that and MORE!!! Not to give too much away, but this new film by Miranda (it’s actually older… it was written and performed long before “Hamilton” became a hit – but that’s a post for another day) takes the immigrant story that “Hamilton” started and pushes the viewer so much deeper into a story about the kind of folks that really make America beautiful.
Set in Washington Heights, a neighborhood of people/businesses/stories that’s are slowly being erased by the modernization of New York, Lin-Manueal Miranda made me feel (through his favorite musical device – hip hop and rap music) just how special family and family history is. This is a film about living in a close-knit community that takes care of each other, fights for each other and LOVES each other. I really loved the music, the characters – I kept saying to the friends that watched with me – that it reminded me of the “musical version of Spike Lee’s “Do the Right Thing”.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
I think if you want to watch a GREAT movie/musical that will leave you wanting to call your grandparents and ask them about where your family comes from, or spend some extra time in the kitchen with Mom/Dad learning how to make that special family recipe – then “In the Heights” is the move for you tonight.
- Fans Concerned After Britney Spears’ Bizarre Dance with Kitchen Knives
- 26-Year-Old Tech CEO Murdered In Baltimore Apartment
- Harry Styles Is Dating A Taylor (No, Not That One)
- Morgan Wallen Extends One Night At A Time Into 2024
- Taylor Swift Fans Spot Clue Travis Kelce Wrote Sweet Note To Prepare Her For Chiefs Game
- The Office ‘set for reboot’ as writers’ strike approaches end
- David McCallum: NCIS and The Man from U.N.C.L.E actor dies aged 90
- Please Bring Us All The Dumplings As The Dumpling Lady Opens Its Doors In South End
- Hulk Hogan, 70, marries Sky Daily, 45, in intimate Florida wedding
- WGA And Hollywood Studios Reach Preliminary Deal In Writer’s Strike
6 Signs of a Swinger House
Let's Call It Usher's Confessions, Pt. LVIII As He Hilariously Announces He's The 2024 Halftime Show
Taylor Swift Fans Spot Clue Travis Kelce Wrote Sweet Note To Prepare Her For Chiefs Game
Remembering ‘Euphoria’ Star: Angus Cloud Cause Of Death Revealed [Gallery]
Adele Refers To Rich Paul As Her Husband, Sparks More Marriage Rumors
Hulk Hogan, 70, marries Sky Daily, 45, in intimate Florida wedding
Hugh Jackman & wife, Deborra-Lee Furness separate after 27 years
Impact of Influence: The Murdaugh Family Murders, Hampton Native Shares His Perspective