Kevin Hart is over cancel culture and he isn’t shy about how he feels regarding the topic! In a recent interview, Hart says he “personally [doesn’t] give a s***” about so-called cancel culture — but he certainly has a lot to say on the matter.
The comedian is getting ready to star in the upcoming Netflix film Fatherhood. He is no stranger to the past catching up with him. He dealt with his own backlash after old homophobic jokes resurfaced. As a result of that. he stepped down from hosting the Oscars in 2019.
“I’ve been canceled, what, three or four times? Never bothered,” he said. “If you allow it to have an effect on you, it will. Personally? That’s not how I operate.”
“If there’s a message to take from anything I’ve said, it’s that in this world of opinion, it’s OK to just disagree,” he told the paper. “It’s OK to not like what someone did and to say that person wasn’t for me. We are so caught up in everybody feeling like they have to be right and their way is the only way. Politics is f***ed up because, if you don’t choose our side, you’re dumb.
“It’s a divide. It’s f***ed up. But I’m not about to divide. I don’t support the divide! I put everybody in the f***ing building. We all come into this building Kevin Hart is in and we all laugh. I bring people together — like it or not.”
Last year Hart caught some backlash from an old tweet when he joked about the LGBTQ community.
“If people want to pull up stuff, go back to the same tweets of old, go ahead,” he said. “There is nothing I can do. You’re looking at a younger version of myself. A comedian trying to be funny and, at that attempt, failing. Apologies were made. I understand now how it comes off. I look back and cringe. So it’s growth. It’s about growth.”
Preach Kevin! PREACH!
- Ed and Cherry Welcome Baby #2
- Rihanna, ASAP Rocky Welcomes Their Baby Boy
- “Stranger Things” Season 4 Finale Will Be Over 2 Hours Long
- Taylor Swift Receives An Honorary Doctorate From NYU
- Andy Grammer takes over Mix 1079 Instagram Live
- Celebrity Jeopardy Coming in the Fall
- Reba Joining ABC Drama ‘Big Sky’
- Katy Perry Is Living It Up in Kentucky
- Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker get legally married in Santa Barbara
- Britney Spears Shares with Fans That She had a miscarriage