Kevin Hart is over cancel culture and he isn’t shy about how he feels regarding the topic! In a recent interview, Hart says he “personally [doesn’t] give a s***” about so-called cancel culture — but he certainly has a lot to say on the matter.
The comedian is getting ready to star in the upcoming Netflix film Fatherhood. He is no stranger to the past catching up with him. He dealt with his own backlash after old homophobic jokes resurfaced. As a result of that. he stepped down from hosting the Oscars in 2019.
“I’ve been canceled, what, three or four times? Never bothered,” he said. “If you allow it to have an effect on you, it will. Personally? That’s not how I operate.”
“If there’s a message to take from anything I’ve said, it’s that in this world of opinion, it’s OK to just disagree,” he told the paper. “It’s OK to not like what someone did and to say that person wasn’t for me. We are so caught up in everybody feeling like they have to be right and their way is the only way. Politics is f***ed up because, if you don’t choose our side, you’re dumb.
“It’s a divide. It’s f***ed up. But I’m not about to divide. I don’t support the divide! I put everybody in the f***ing building. We all come into this building Kevin Hart is in and we all laugh. I bring people together — like it or not.”
Last year Hart caught some backlash from an old tweet when he joked about the LGBTQ community.
“If people want to pull up stuff, go back to the same tweets of old, go ahead,” he said. “There is nothing I can do. You’re looking at a younger version of myself. A comedian trying to be funny and, at that attempt, failing. Apologies were made. I understand now how it comes off. I look back and cringe. So it’s growth. It’s about growth.”
Preach Kevin! PREACH!
- Skittles Is Changing Its Green Flavor…Again
- Dog the Bounty Hunter says he’s Received 1,000 Tips Since Joining the Manhunt for Brian Laundrie
- DiGiorno Pepperoni Pizza Is Being Recalled Due To Undeclared Allergens
- R. Kelly Found Guilty On All Charges In Federal Racketeering & Sex Trafficking Case
- Congratulations Queen Marlee
- “Snail” Mail Will Be Even SLOWER Beginning Oct 1st
- ‘The View’ Apologizes for False Positive COVID Tests
- Holly Haze Talks: DIEts
- Gabby Petito’s Parents Give Emotional Eulogies
- Kylie Baby: The New Baby Care Brand By Kylie Jenner