Democratic Rep. Mark Takano of California introduced legislation in Congress this week to shorten the workweek from five days to four.
The proposed bill is called the “Thirty-Two Hour Workweek Act.” Takano said, “It’s well past time that Americans have more time to live their lives, and not just work.”
Trials of a four-day workweek in Iceland were deemed an “overwhelming success” by researchers in a July report. Spain and New Zealand are also experimenting with a four-day workweek.
As an employee, would you like to see a four-day workweek? If you are a business owner, do you think it would have a positive or negative impact?
- Rihanna Is Now Officially The Youngest Self-Made Female Billionaire In The U.S.
- Katy Perry Is Slammed For Pro-choice Tweet After Supporting Rick Caruso
- Macy Gray Labelled Transphobic After Claiming Surgery “Doesn’t Make You A Woman”
- Taylor Swift, Joe Alwyn are Reportedly Engaged
- Adele’s Weight Loss Secrets – How She Lost 7 Stone From Diet Plan To Exercise
- Owner Of Beauty Concepts Sues Kim Kardashian For SKKN Trademark Infringement
- Anna Kendrick, Bill Hader Call It Quits After Nearly Two Years
- Late Foo Fighters Drummer Honored By Alanis Morissette
- Machine Gun Kelly Spotted Leaving Party Covered In Blood
- James Corden Tells Why He’s Leaving Late Night TV