Democratic Rep. Mark Takano of California introduced legislation in Congress this week to shorten the workweek from five days to four.
The proposed bill is called the “Thirty-Two Hour Workweek Act.” Takano said, “It’s well past time that Americans have more time to live their lives, and not just work.”
Trials of a four-day workweek in Iceland were deemed an “overwhelming success” by researchers in a July report. Spain and New Zealand are also experimenting with a four-day workweek.
As an employee, would you like to see a four-day workweek? If you are a business owner, do you think it would have a positive or negative impact?
- R Kelly Found GUILTY, Faces Life In Prison
- Kylie Baby: The New Baby Care Brand By Kylie Jenner
- Global Citizen Fest Included Billie Eilish, Lorde, Fugees, The Weeknd, Metallica, and More
- Ciara Shows Off Her ‘Wild Side’
- Elon Musk & Grimes Split After 3 Years & Baby X Æ A-XII
- Nicolas Cage is Thrown out of Restaurant in Las Vegas
- Kristen Stewart as Princess Diana
- Chris Cuomo Responds To Harassment Allegations CNN anchor
- ‘The View’ Hosts Pulled Off Set Mid-Show After Testing Positive For COVID-19 [VIDEO]
- WWE Cancels Ric Flair Following Sexual Assault Allegations Against Him