Democratic Rep. Mark Takano of California introduced legislation in Congress this week to shorten the workweek from five days to four.
The proposed bill is called the “Thirty-Two Hour Workweek Act.” Takano said, “It’s well past time that Americans have more time to live their lives, and not just work.”
Trials of a four-day workweek in Iceland were deemed an “overwhelming success” by researchers in a July report. Spain and New Zealand are also experimenting with a four-day workweek.
As an employee, would you like to see a four-day workweek? If you are a business owner, do you think it would have a positive or negative impact?
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK. FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER.
HEAD BACK TO THE MIX1079.COM HOMEPAGE
- Nick Cannon Admits He Doesn’t Give The Mothers Of His Children A Monthly Allowance
- Ben Affleck & Matt Damon Discuss If They Are Planning To Do A Sequel To ‘Good Will Hunting’
- Katy Perry Says She’s Been Sober For 5 Weeks
- Mariah Carey Celebrates her 54th With A Dive
- Everything We Know: Jonathan Majors Arraigned On Assault Charges
- Chilli Gushes Over Her Boo Matthew Lawrence: ‘I am So Happy’
- Grammy-Winner Kelly Clarkson Is Heading To The Las Vegas Strip
- Fans Got Candid About How Much They Really Paid For Taylor Swift Tickets
- Is Nicki Minaj Collaborating With Taylor Swift?
- Adele’s ‘Weekends With Adele’ Movie Brings Her Vegas Show To Film
6 Signs of a Swinger House
"Bar Rescue" Comes To Charlotte In An Episode Airing On March 19th
The Five Smells We Hate Most In Our House
Impact of Influence: The Murdaugh Family Murders, Hampton Native Shares His Perspective
Gastonia Farmer On Fox's Dating Show Joins Matt & Ramona
Reba McEntire And Kelly Clarkson Tensions Reportedly 'Boiling' On 'The Voice' Set
Who Are Charlotte's Top Dog Influencers?
Will Fans Follow Cam Newton to a New Team?