Democratic Rep. Mark Takano of California introduced legislation in Congress this week to shorten the workweek from five days to four.
The proposed bill is called the “Thirty-Two Hour Workweek Act.” Takano said, “It’s well past time that Americans have more time to live their lives, and not just work.”
Trials of a four-day workweek in Iceland were deemed an “overwhelming success” by researchers in a July report. Spain and New Zealand are also experimenting with a four-day workweek.
As an employee, would you like to see a four-day workweek? If you are a business owner, do you think it would have a positive or negative impact?
- Disney Auctioning Off Beyonce Outfit
- Adele Refers To Rich Paul As Her Husband, Sparks More Marriage Rumors
- Matthew McConaughey May Run for Governor of Texas
- Bijou Phillips Files for Divorce From Danny Masterson
- Millie Bobby Brown Says Fiancé’s Father Jon Bon Jovi Won’t Perform At Their Wedding
- Hugh Jackman & wife, Deborra-Lee Furness separate after 27 years
- Jeezy Files For Divorce From TV Host Jeannie Mai
- Britney Spears dating former housekeeper
- NSYNC Releasing New Song: ‘Better Place’ in New ‘Trolls’ Movie
- Fans Can’t Get Enough Of Ice Spice & Ben Affleck’s New Dunkin’ Donuts Commercial
6 Signs of a Swinger House
Text To Win Nickelback Tickets!
Charlie Robison Dead At 59
Wendy's Offers 1-Cent Cheeseburger
'That 70s Show' Actor Danny Masterson Sentenced to 30 Years Convicted of Rape
What Your Favorite Celebs Wore to the MTV VMA Awards
Listen & Text To Win 4-Pack of Carowinds Tickets
Hugh Jackman & wife, Deborra-Lee Furness separate after 27 years