A video of Billie Eilish has been circulating on social media showing the singer mouthing an anti-Asian slur. Fans of the singer have been asking her to address the situation.
Eilish posted a statement via Instagram today that read, “There’s a video edit going around of me when I was 13 or 14 where I mouthed a word from a song that at the time I didn’t know was a derogatory term used against members of the Asian community. I am appalled and embarrassed and want to barf that I ever mouthed along to that word…as it was never used around me by anyone in my family”.
The artist went on to apologize for the slur and thanked her fans for reading the post.
Do you think Billie Eilish will lose fans over this?
- Shine a Light on Pink: Tell us their survival story!
- Alec Baldwin Speaks Up Since He Fatally Shot A Crew Member With A Prop Gun
- Bo Thompson: WFNZ’s Nick Wilson Talking Sports
- Coi Leray & Justin Bieber Link Up In The Studio For ‘TWINNEM’ Dance Challenge
- Scott Disick ‘Avoids’ Family Gatherings Because Of Travis Barker
- Alec Baldwin Fires Prop Gun, Killing Cinematographer, Injures Director on Movie Set
- Dental Records Remains Found At Carlton Reserve Confirmed As Brian Laundrie
- Adele shares she’s a big Celine Dion fan
- Woman Gives Birth To 14-Pound Baby After 19 Miscarriages
- LaMelo’s Loud Neon Fit Steals Show In Hornets Opening-Night Comeback
- Aaron Rodgers Slams Woke Culture