A video of Billie Eilish has been circulating on social media showing the singer mouthing an anti-Asian slur. Fans of the singer have been asking her to address the situation.
Eilish posted a statement via Instagram today that read, “There’s a video edit going around of me when I was 13 or 14 where I mouthed a word from a song that at the time I didn’t know was a derogatory term used against members of the Asian community. I am appalled and embarrassed and want to barf that I ever mouthed along to that word…as it was never used around me by anyone in my family”.
The artist went on to apologize for the slur and thanked her fans for reading the post.
Do you think Billie Eilish will lose fans over this?
- Taylor Swift Won’t Be Happy Until We Are All Crying!!
- Dolly Parton Empathizes With Britney Spears
- Deadly Distractions While Driving
- Blake Shelton tells friends to get over it.
- President Biden announces measures to incentivize COVID-19 vaccinations, including a requirement for federal employees
- Bruno Mars & Anderson .Paak’s Silk Sonic Release Single ‘Skate’ [WATCH]
- Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney Over ‘Black Widow’ Streaming Release
- Britney Spears Trivia
- Annie Murphy Lands a New Role Post Schitt’s Creek
- Canadian Billy Joel Fans Can’t Get Their Tickets Refunded