A video of Billie Eilish has been circulating on social media showing the singer mouthing an anti-Asian slur. Fans of the singer have been asking her to address the situation.
Eilish posted a statement via Instagram today that read, “There’s a video edit going around of me when I was 13 or 14 where I mouthed a word from a song that at the time I didn’t know was a derogatory term used against members of the Asian community. I am appalled and embarrassed and want to barf that I ever mouthed along to that word…as it was never used around me by anyone in my family”.
The artist went on to apologize for the slur and thanked her fans for reading the post.
Do you think Billie Eilish will lose fans over this?
- Rihanna’s Latest Date Night Look
- Anne Heche Has Died
- Panthers open preseason at Washington
- Actor Steve Martin hints retirement
- Anne Heche Not Expected To Survive
- The New Poses, For Pics, You Need To Adopt
- OnlyFans Model Courtney Clenney Charged With Murder Charge For Fatal Stabbing Of Boyfriend
- CDC Ends Quarantine, Social Distancing Recommendations For COVID-19
- Beyonce’s All Over the Billboard Top 100 Charts
- Legendary: NBA Honors Bill Russell By Retiring No. 6 Across The Entire League