Listen Live
Fruits and vegetables

Source: adisa / Getty

The town of Mooresville, NC has approved a new ordinance that allows for the operation of open-air farmers markets.

The decision comes after a year-long fight for a local market, which was impacted by new town rules adopted in 2022.

Under the new ordinance, up to 75% of a market can sell food, while the remaining 25% can be used for selling handmade items.

The ordinance also distinguishes between temporary and permanent markets, with different rules and regulations for each.

The approval follows new town rules that impacted Josh’s Farmers Market, a favorite local staple in the Lake Norman area.

Josh’s Farmers Market was once located on Williamson Rd in Mooresville and was known for drawing large crowds on the weekends.