Charlotte-Mecklenburg is a growing city and has the highest population in North Carolina but sadly it is also ranked No. 1 in violent crimes statewide, according to FBI data from 2019.
Charlotte leads all other NC cities by a wide range in all categories of crimes. North Carolina’s most populous city reported 6,982 violent crimes in 2019, according to Federal data. The second most violent city reported 2,440 violent crimes which was Greensboro followed by Durham with 2,2046 reported in 2019.
Data collected on crimes reported in 2019 for North Carolina cities below:
The FBI defines violent crimes as murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault and property crimes such as burglary, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft.
The agency’s data in the table was collected from all city and town law enforcement agencies submitting 12 months of complete offense data for 2019.
- Disney Auctioning Off Beyonce Outfit
- Free COVID test kits are coming back
- Adele Refers To Rich Paul As Her Husband, Sparks More Marriage Rumors
- Rihanna & A$AP Rocky Debut Baby Riot Rose Mayers In New Family Photoshoot
- Coco Gauff’s US Open Final Was The Most-Viewed Women’s Major Tennis Final On ESPN
- Matthew McConaughey May Run for Governor of Texas
- Bijou Phillips Files for Divorce From Danny Masterson
- Panthers face Saints on MNF
- Millie Bobby Brown Says Fiancé’s Father Jon Bon Jovi Won’t Perform At Their Wedding
- Hugh Jackman & wife, Deborra-Lee Furness separate after 27 years
These cities lead North Carolina in violent crimes, according to federal data was originally published on 927theblock.com
6 Signs of a Swinger House
Text To Win Nickelback Tickets!
Charlie Robison Dead At 59
Wendy's Offers 1-Cent Cheeseburger
'That 70s Show' Actor Danny Masterson Sentenced to 30 Years Convicted of Rape
What Your Favorite Celebs Wore to the MTV VMA Awards
Listen & Text To Win 4-Pack of Carowinds Tickets
Hugh Jackman & wife, Deborra-Lee Furness separate after 27 years