Charlotte-Mecklenburg is a growing city and has the highest population in North Carolina but sadly it is also ranked No. 1 in violent crimes statewide, according to FBI data from 2019.
Charlotte leads all other NC cities by a wide range in all categories of crimes. North Carolina’s most populous city reported 6,982 violent crimes in 2019, according to Federal data. The second most violent city reported 2,440 violent crimes which was Greensboro followed by Durham with 2,2046 reported in 2019.
Data collected on crimes reported in 2019 for North Carolina cities below:
The FBI defines violent crimes as murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault and property crimes such as burglary, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft.
The agency’s data in the table was collected from all city and town law enforcement agencies submitting 12 months of complete offense data for 2019.
- Enter For Your Chance to Win More Cash With MIX107.9
- North Carolina man arrested in Tennessee with dead body inside car
- Kylie Jenner Burst Out Laughing During the Most Tense KUWTK Reunion Moment
- ‘Sesame Street’ Introduces Gay Dads In ‘Family Day’ Episode For Pride
- Alex Rodriguez Rents Home Near Jennifer Lopez, As He’s Spotted With Ben Affleck’s Ex
- Drinking coffee may cut risk of chronic liver disease, study suggests
- T-Pain Says He Became Depressed After Usher Told Him He ‘F**ked Up Music’
- Trailer dropped for the ‘Karen’ movie starring Taryn Manning
- Justin Bieber rocks another new hairstyle
- Doritos launching a new flavor this summer
- Scam Likely: FBI Reveals 10 States With Most Victims Of Online Fraud
These cities lead North Carolina in violent crimes, according to federal data was originally published on 927theblock.com