Several Charlotte-area gas station prices jumped overnight, or some are low on fuel or have none at all.
The Colonial Pipeline which cuts right through Charlotte was shut down over the weekend after a cyber attack. Colonial Pipeline owner halted all pipeline operations, forcing what the company called a precautionary shutdown. U.S. officials said Monday that “ransomware” malware used in the attack.
This could result in a serious problem if the pipeline isn’t up in running in the next coming days. Nearly half of the East Coast’s fuel supply comes from The Colonial Pipeline.
Gas prices at some Charlotte-area gas station jumped .50 cent overnight. Also, several gas stations in the Raleigh-Durham area have place bags over their pumps that are labeled “out of gas”.
The average price in our area is $2.79 a gallon. The cheapest price in Mecklenburg County according to GasBuddy is $2.64 at Exxon on 12710 S Tryon St. The best thing to do is to fill up on gas as soon as possible if the gas station allows you to do so. Use GasBuddy to help find the cheapest gas.
The Drama Is Real: Fans React To Netflix's Season 2 Finale Of 'The Circle'
1.1 of 12
2.2 of 12
3.3 of 12
4.4 of 12
5.5 of 12
6.6 of 12
7.7 of 12
8.8 of 12
9.9 of 12
10.10 of 12
11.11 of 12
12.12 of 12
- Enter For Your Chance to Win More Cash With MIX107.9
- ‘Drake & Josh’s’ Jared Bell Pleads Guilty in Cleveland Court Case
- Netflix’s Strange New Dating Series ‘Sexy Beasts’ Has Fans Perturbed
- ‘Manifest’ Renewal Hopes Crash as NBC Series Fails to Find New Home
- Frontier Airlines making passengers pay ‘Covid Recovery’ surcharge
- Great Songs From The Ultimate ’90s Movie Soundtracks
- The Weeknd Has One Of The Biggest Songs In History After ‘Blinding Lights’ Breaks Another Record
- How to Get Early Access to Elton John at Bank Of America Stadium
- “Appalled And Embarrassed”: Billie Eilish Apologizes For Past Video Of Her Mouthing Asian Slur
- Survey: Food options you should avoid on a first date
- North Carolina man arrested in Tennessee with dead body inside car