Gas Prices Hit Seven-Year High Ahead Of Memorial Day Weekend.
Many people are planning to hit the road this weekend for the first time in more than a year – if they can afford to fill up their tank, that is.
Gas prices have surged to their highest point in 7 years, due to a variety of factors – including the recent pipeline hack, a lack of tanker truck drivers, and increased demand as people venture out of their homes. An estimated 34 million motorists are expected to hit the road this weekend.
In North Carolina, the average price for regular gas is $2.90 per gallon and $3.05 for diesel.
What will we do if there are more gas shortages this summer? Do you plan on traveling this weekend?
- Shine a Light on Pink: Tell us their survival story!
- Panthers look to snap 3-game skid against New York Giants
- Alec Baldwin Speaks Up Since He Fatally Shot A Crew Member With A Prop Gun
- Bo Thompson: WFNZ’s Nick Wilson Talking Sports
- Coi Leray & Justin Bieber Link Up In The Studio For ‘TWINNEM’ Dance Challenge
- Scott Disick ‘Avoids’ Family Gatherings Because Of Travis Barker
- Alec Baldwin Fires Prop Gun, Killing Cinematographer, Injures Director on Movie Set
- Dental Records Remains Found At Carlton Reserve Confirmed As Brian Laundrie
- Adele shares she’s a big Celine Dion fan
- Woman Gives Birth To 14-Pound Baby After 19 Miscarriages
- LaMelo’s Loud Neon Fit Steals Show In Hornets Opening-Night Comeback